Frosted Window Film Benefits
Frosted window film is a type of window film that helps to reduce the amount of sunlight coming into your home or office while offering privacy. Window film can help you save on electricity and cooling costs. However, before deciding if frosted window film is right for your home or office, it’s important to know what different types are available. Take a look at our gallery for ideas. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of frosted window film as well as how it differs from frosted glass.
What is Frosted Window Film?
Frosted window film is a type of window film that is installed directly onto a glass or window surface, typically for privacy or decorative purposes. Frosted window film is great for businesses wanting more privacy since it prevents people from seeing in or out of the room. Frosted window film is removed when needed with no damage to the glass surface.
Frosted Window Film vs. Frosted Glass
Frosted glass is produced by the sandblasting or acid etching of clear sheet glass. This creates a pitted surface on one side of the glass pane and has the effect of rendering the glass translucent by scattering the light which passes through, thus blurring images while still transmitting light. Frosted glass has either an internal texture or a frost inner layer that has been created on the glass permanently. Unlike frosted window film, frosted glass is more durable, but it’s also permanent and can’t be reversed.
Frosted Glass Costs vs. Frosted Window Film Cost
Frosted glass is used for privacy and decorative purposes and costs a lot more than frosted window film. On average, frosted glass treatment costs anywhere from $150-$175 per square foot, while frosted window film can range anywhere from $8-$15 per square foot. As you can see, the price difference for window film is quite affordable.
Benefits of Frosted Window Film
The most obvious benefit of frosted window film is privacy. Frosted film filters out light in order to keep your home and office private from outside views. It also helps reduce glare on computer screens which can cause eye strain. As an added bonus, frosting your windows will give you an open, decorative new look without having to install curtains or blinds. Here are other benefits of frosted window film:
- Affordable – Window film costs much less than frosted glass treatment, by more than half.
- Safety and Privacy – frosted window film allows light to come in but adds a level of privacy as well. Frosted window film on storefronts creates security and privacy because it prevents people from seeing inside, which ultimately reduces break-ins.
- Decorative Aesthetic – Frosted window film adds a decorative touch to homes, doors, spaces and offices. It can be done in many colors, too!
- Light Diffusing – Frosted window film allows light to enter without glare
- Non-Permanent – Window film allows businesses and offices to change their look or branding as needed in a cost-effective way.
Frosted Window Film Installation Virginia
Frosted window film is a great way to give your Virginia home or office a decorative touch at the fraction of the cost of frosted glass. If you are a Virginia area resident or business, get in touch with our team of professional window film installers for a free estimate. We proudly serve the Charlottesville VA area as well as Richmond VA.