Fall CleaningPrepare Your Home and Property For Winter
Fall Cleaning Checklist
As days get shorter and nights get cooler, it’s time to prepare your home and property for the winter season ahead. Here are some guidelines to follow to ensure you and your home are ready for colder weather.
- Check the seals around your doors and winter. Recaulk around windows and replace weather stripping around your doors as needed
- Wash your exterior windows. Remove, clean, and store summertime screens
- If you have a fireplace, now is the time to get your chimney inspected and cleaned
- Remove hoses from the faucets and turn off water to exterior faucets.
- After leaves have fallen, clean your gutters and downspouts
- Check your roof for damaged or missing shingles and replace.
- Replace the filters in your HVAC system and schedule an inspection
- Clean your ducts and returns
- Cover and store your patio furniture, and bring your winter equipment out of storage
- Change the batteries in your smoke alarms
- Don’t forget to turn your clock back on Sunday, November 5, 2017
Are you concerned about losing heat through your windows during colder weather?
3M™ Thinsulate™ Window Film Climate Control Series for Residential Homes provides additional insulation to improve climate control year round.
- Helps keep you warm during cold winter months.
- Good heat rejection provides additional comfort and energy savings in the summer months.
Filmoffers high visible light transmission with a neutral appearance to help maintain a home’s existing appearance.
- Significantly blocks
the amount ofharmful UV rays that cause fading, helping to extend the life of furnishings.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today!
The Clear View Window Team