Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flowerAlbert Camus
Fall 2016 Newsletter
Fall is here! It’s time for football, picking apples, and driving the parkway to see the changing leaves. The nights are cooler and the days are getting shorter. And the holidays are just around the corner. At Clear View Window Tinting, we hope everyone has an enjoyable season.
We also want to remind you to check your smoke alarm batteries, and don’t forget that Daylight Savings Time ends on November 6th- remember to turn back your clocks!
How Secure Is Your Home?
In recent months, some Charlottesville area residents were the victims of home invasions. In response, Clear View Window has helped area residents to fortify their homes from intruders.
When it comes to securing your home, most people are very confident about what needs to be done. Make sure you have good locks on the windows and doors. Install security cameras and an alarm system. In certain cases, have a door buzz in system to limit access. Have a plan in case there is an incident.
These are all necessary, however, most people don’t consider the glass. Windows are usually overlooked and become the weakest point in the system.Unless the glass is fortified in some way, you are still vulnerable. You need to consider 3M Security Film to strengthen your glass.
For a real life demonstration of how security film works- watch this video
“Hurricane Matthew, once again a Category 4 hurricane hammering the northwest Bahamas, is hours away from beginning a potentially catastrophic, rare Category 4, perhaps even Category 5 siege on Florida’s east coast, with dangerous storm surge, destructive winds, and flooding rainfall stretching into Georgia and South Carolina by the weekend.” –Weather Channel Report
Fall is also the peak of Hurricane Season. When large hurricanes come ashore, they can cause catastrophic damage even hundreds of miles inland. One of the best investments you can make to protect your home from storm damage is professional installation of 3M Safety and Security Film.
When your windows break from falling trees or flying debris, you will deal with accumulating damage from exposure to the weather, as well as increased heating costs. Learn more about how ClearView Window Tinting can help you save thousands in costly damage to the interior of your home while protecting your family from injury.
Fall 2016 Preparations:
- Clean Gutters. Clogged gutters can cause ice dams and damage gutters.
- Caulk Windows. Keep the heat inside.
- Inspect the Roof. Look for missing or loose shingles. Replace them before any severe damage occurs.
- Ready the Fireplace and Heating System. Make sure your ready when the cold weather arrives.
- Seal the Driveway. Make any cracks are protected and extend the life of the driveway.
- Reverse Ceiling Fans.Set the fan to produce an updraft to circulate warm air.
- Clean and Winterize Yard Equipment This includes draining fuel and storage.
- Prepare Snow Removal Equipment.Make sure your equipment works and you know where your tools are located.
- Prepare Deck for Winter.Clean and store your deck furniture.
- Check for Peeling Paint
We hope you have found this information useful. Clear View Window Tinting is here no matter what season to provide you protection, clearly beautiful views, and decorative glass film through 3M.
Contact me anytime to schedule your free consultation.
Blanton Bryant, Jr
Clear View Window Tinting